New Registry Fees from January 1, 2018
The fees charged to BVI Business Companies by the Registry of Corporate Affairs are to increase following the first substantive review since the BVI Business Companies Act came into force in 2005. Through secondary legislation passed by the Cabinet and published in late 2016, the new fees will come into force on 1 January 2018. On 29 March 2017, the BVI Government confirmed that these changes, previously proposed for 1 July 2017, would take effect from 1 January 2018.
The most notable changes are as follows:
- The incorporation fee for a standard company authorized to issue up to 50,000 shares increases from $350 to $450 and, for a company authorized to issue more than 50,000 shares, to $1,200
- The existing $50 fee payable by a new company to register its initial Register of Directors is scrapped and absorbed into the new incorporation fee
- The annual fee payable to maintain a standard company authorized to issue up to 50,000 shares increases to $450 and, for a company authorized to issued more than 50,000 shares, to $1,200
- As a percentage, the penalties for late payment of annual fees remain unchanged (at 10% for up to 2 months late and 50% for between 2 and 5 months late) but will obviously increase in absolute terms in line with the increases in annual fees
- Most other filing fees and fees for issue of certificates by the Registry have been increased, and some new fees introduced (for example, for filing a scheme of arrangement)
British Virgin Islands Today!
Matter you would like to discuss with us
Our multi-lingual team of business advisors is happy to assist you with all upcoming questions and issues in relation to your company. You may call or email us, and we will be happy to assist you in a fast and efficient manner. You can also come visit us at one of our offices near you, to personally discuss all matters you need to clarify, before you take a decision. Arrange an appointment and we will be happy to meet with you.
The information and materials contained in this website do not constitute an offer, invitation, solicitation, advice or recommendation to buy the products and services offered and rendered by Atrium & Associates (BVI) Ltd and shall be applied with prior consultation.
Atrium & Associates (BVI) Ltd does not offer legal or tax advice without consultation with certified professionals with related appropriate skill and expertise.
The information contained in this website is for general guidance on matters of interest only and should not be considered as guidance for financial or tax decisions, or a substitute for specific professional consultation.
While we have made every effort to ensure that the information contained in this website is accurate and correct due to constant changes in laws, rules and regulations Atrium & Associates (BVI) Ltd accepts no liability for any loss or damage arising directly or indirectly from action taken or not taken relying on the information contained in this website. In particular no warranty is given as to the completeness, accuracy, reliability of such information and as to whether it is at all times up to date.
Atrium & Associates (BVI) Ltd accepts no liability for any loss or damage direct or indirectly arising from the application of any information contained in this website, including any loss, damage or expenses arising from, but not limited to, any defect, error, mistake, inaccuracy, reliability of this website, its contents or related services, or due to any unavailability of this Site or any part thereof of any contents or related services.