Shelf Business Companies
Shelf Companies Relevant Notes
1. The companies with a registration date indicated are already registered, exist as legal entities and are available for purchase.
2. The company names marked as "approved" have been approved for registration by the Registrar, but still need to be registered in the Registrar of Companies. The registration of an approved company name usually takes one business day.
3. Ordering a ready-made company ("shelf company") does not necessarily mean that the documents will be shipped out immediately. If You are a new client, our usual Know Your Client procedures will have to be completed, and payment will have to be made.
4. A shelf company usually has an "open" configuration. As such, it would still need the directors to be elected, shares allocated, the respective internal Registers and Resolutions drawn up, etc. These post-incorporation procedures can only be completed after a client order is received and take additional time.
5. The documents of a shelf company are not certified by Notary or legalized by Apostille. These certifications are normally required in order to make the company documents useful at all in any foreign country. If you need these certifications, some additional time between one and five business days will be required before the documents can be shipped. This timeframe does not depend on us, but on the respective notarial and Government offices and their workload.
6. All-in-all, choosing a shelf company can save you one or a few business days which are usually necessary to prepare the initial incorporation and to register a new BVI IBC with the Registrar of Companies. However, the final preparation of the company before shipment will still take anywhere between one and ten business days, depending on the details of Your order, and on the receipt of the respective Due Diligence information and the payment from You.
7. IMPORTANT For an existing shelf company, the next annual renewal payment (Government duty, Registered Agent, Registered Address and other annual maintenance fees, if applicable) may become due and payable much sooner than for a brand-new incorporation. This is due to the period of time that has already elapsed since the initial date of incorporation of the shelf company (the time which the company spent "on shelf"). A purchaser of a shelf company will be required to cover the standard annual maintenance fees for the full elapsed period of time since the initial registration date of the company. This becomes especially important at purchase of "vintage" companies - companies older than 1 year at the date of purchase. "Vintage" companies will be substantially more expensive than new incorporations, due to the previously accrued annual maintenance fees which will have to be covered by the buyer. Therefore, we suggest You pay a special attention to the date of incorporation of the chosen company. These precautions do not apply to companies indicated only as "Approved".
8. We strongly oppose and do not recommend entering into any business transactions in the name of Your offshore company before you have received the original documents!
British Virgin Islands Today!
Matter you would like to discuss with us
Our multi-lingual team of business advisors is happy to assist you with all upcoming questions and issues in relation to your company.
You may call or email us, and we will be happy to assist you in a fast and efficient manner.
You can also come visit us at one of our offices near you, to personally discuss all matters you need to clarify, before you take a decision.
Arrange an appointment and we will be happy to meet with you.
The information and materials contained in this website do not constitute an offer, invitation, solicitation, advice or recommendation to buy the products and services offered and rendered by Atrium & Associates (BVI) Ltd and shall be applied with prior consultation.
Atrium & Associates (BVI) Ltd does not offer legal or tax advice without consultation with certified professionals with related appropriate skill and expertise.
The information contained in this website is for general guidance on matters of interest only and should not be considered as guidance for financial or tax decisions, or a substitute for specific professional consultation.
While we have made every effort to ensure that the information contained in this website is accurate and correct due to constant changes in laws, rules and regulations Atrium & Associates (BVI) Ltd accepts no liability for any loss or damage arising directly or indirectly from action taken or not taken relying on the information contained in this website. In particular no warranty is given as to the completeness, accuracy, reliability of such information and as to whether it is at all times up to date.
Atrium & Associates (BVI) Ltd accepts no liability for any loss or damage direct or indirectly arising from the application of any information contained in this website, including any loss, damage or expenses arising from, but not limited to, any defect, error, mistake, inaccuracy, reliability of this website, its contents or related services, or due to any unavailability of this Site or any part thereof of any contents or related services.